Monday, January 02, 2006

Latest updates

So when I got back to Belgium I had a phone message from Dr. Wentz, the Army vet at the NATO/SHAPE base in Chievres, saying that the job there may in fact pan out after all. I feel bad because I had no way of checking my messages while I was in the states, but I left a message for him today and will try to call again tomorrow. That would work out well, I think, it would be 2 days a week or something. Worth a try, see if the drive is too much a pain in the neck. It would probably be a good idea to get back to work, even if it's just basic stuff.

I hope I can get a hold of him this week, because next week I have to decide what I'm going to do about French and Dutch classes etc. this spring.

I got my iPod back from the SECOND replacement in 1 year.....I guess that's the last repair I get, so when it breaks again it's curtains (only a 1 year warrantee). I don't know if this model I have (the 40g click-wheel) is just a lemon or if I should just stay away from iPods entirely. I really enjoy having it when it works! But it seems stupid to spend 400 bucks on something that can't even last 6 months.....I will get a case for it, in case it's me that breaks them by dropping them or banging them or whatever, but I don't really see how ti's going to make a big difference unless I get a giant pillow as a case or something.....

I ate terribly this holiday season. Luckily I didn't have a bunch of big gorge-yourself holiday dinners but I didn't abstain from desserts etc. like I have in the past. I feel like I need to "detox" again. I haven't had the nerve to weigh myself yet. *cringe*

Also this month I'm planning on getting involved with production of the 5 women play with the ATC (mentioned earlier.) I'm going to be helping with set painting etc. as well as coordinating publicity, which will be a new one for me.

And, my vet school buddy Katie will be coming to visit in a week or so. That should be fun as well. But I feel like I walked from my holiday back into a big web of activities, and I don't have the energy to prepare for it yet!! Alas, Mike goes back to work tomorrow, and I guess I do too. Get the icky crap out of the way so I can move on to the fun stuff! Wish me luck

No comments: